Monday 8 September 2014

my personal representation

I would say that the representation of myself is very similar to many other girls in my year, I'm fairly stereotypical when it comes to clothing, style and personality, because of this I think it wold be fairly obvious to a person looking at me to be able to guess my age. My favourite shops are Topshop and Zara so my style would probably be best described as casual smart, I usually wear jeans and a lacey top.




My interests are art and textiles, so I could be seen as fairly boring but its purely an interest I take in my spare time.
I am not an 'out there' person, I keep myself to myself but I definitely wouldn't class myself as being shy. From looking at the way I dress and my language I think I would probably look middle class, I often wear clothes that are vintage or handmade which again gives off my artsy side.


I could be represented as someone who likes to stay indoors, I dont wear sporty looking clothing or actively participate in any kind of outdoor sports however I love being outside on picnics walks or whatever else.


7 areas of representation

·                     Gender
·                     Age
·                     Ethnicity
·                     Sexuality
·                     Class and status
·                     Physical ability/disability
·                     Regional identity
4 areas of textual analysis

Camera shots, angle, movement, composition



·                     Shots: establishing shot, master shot, close-up, mid-shot, long shot, wide show, two-shot, aerial shot, point of view shot, over the should shot, and variations of these.
·                     Angle: high angle, low angle, canted angle.
·                     Movement: pan, tilt, track, dolly, crane, steadicam, hand-held, zoom, reverse zoom.
·                     Composition: framing, rule of thirds, depth of field - deep and shallow focus, focus pulls.

Editing
Includes transition of image and sound - continuity and non-continuity systems.

·                     Cutting: shot/reverse shot, eyeline match, graphic match, action match, jump cut, crosscutting, parallel editing, cutaway; insert.
·                     Other transitions: dissolve, fade-in, fade-out, wipe, superimposition, long take, short take, slow motion, ellipsis and expansion of time, post-production, visual effects.

Sound

·                     Soundtrack: score, incidental music, themes and stings, ambient sound.
·                     Diegetic and non-diegetic sound, synchronous/asynchronous sound, sound effects, sound motif, sound bridge, dialogue, voiceover, mode of address/direct address, sound mixing, sound perspective.

Mise-en-Scène
·                     Production design: location, studio, set design, costume and makeup, properties.


·                     Lighting: colour design.


1 comment:

  1. There are some interesting ideas here, Christie. You need to be careful of literacy (spelling, capitals, etc.) to ensure your work is clear. Also, this task is currently incomplete. You need to visit the UK Tribes website and assess which of the groups on there you belong to.

    ReplyDelete