Sunday 28 September 2014

UK tribes- My tribes

For Mainstream Tribes it’s about life’s simple pleasure - fun, friends and keeping it local…
The Mainstream forms the backbone of tribal society – where most young people start out and some never leave. The key is in sticking with what you know – chart music, prime time TV, local nights out and a bit of booze.
Looking to commercial entertainment channels for influence, Mainstream Tribes prefer to stick with what’s safe rather than rock the boat. There’s little desire to hunt down underground fashion and music – they are more than happy with readily available ‘high street’ influences. Think Capital FM and Radio One, Miss Selfridge and Burton, Heat magazine.
- I would personally see myself as mainstream purely because of my music and fashion influences. I tend to stick to a simple style in everything I do and enjoy having a wide variety of people who are also like myself. 
some people see mainstream as a bad thing but i just think it depends on personality, I think everyone has some part of their life that is widely mainstream, from the way they talk-to the way they dress or behave: at the end of the day nobody is the same everyone is unique so I don't think anybody should be worried as looking mainstream
Meet the multi-talented, super productive Tribe that are leaving their mark on creative fields
Creatives are motivated by the desire to produce original content and pursue their dreams as a ‘career creative’ – it’s not just a hobby, it’s a way of life. This Tribe unites various disciplines including (but not limited to) fashion, art, design, music, photography, dance and drama – with members collaborating on projects to get their work out in the world.
Creatives sit in the middle of the planning segments, drawing members of both sexes from diverse backgrounds unified by their inventiveness. It takes time to be a true Creative and develop the confidence, skills and connections to actively participate in the scene – so members tend to be over 20. United by their open-minded outlook, Creatives will often seek inspiration in the most unexpected of places, from a weekly shop at Sainsbury’s to Les Sapeurs, an African style tribe.
The Tribe mentality is all about developing their skills and working hard – even when this means living on a budget. Similar to the Get Paid Crew, Creatives are driven by success and are one of the best connected and hardest working Tribes – many funding their studio rents with part-time work. They aren’t bothered by fleeting trends and have no time for throwaway culture –  attracted to provenance and brand histories that reflect their own values.
- I would also see myself as being a creative person: I enjoy being creative and making different things. I am heavily into art and textiles and love filling sketchbooks with all of the things I enjoy doing. textures, patterns and styles are very interesting to me and have a huge influence on my lifestyle and what I want to achieve in the future. I think I mainly a creative person because of the influence of my mum who is also a huge lover of design and originality,

No comments:

Post a Comment